In May 2014 Andrew Dana and Chris Brady left their kush tech jobs and started serving up their Neopolitan-ish wood-fired pies at local farmers markets. In late 2015 the boys teamed up Chef Dani Moreira and made her their Executive Chef. In June 2016, the Timber team opened its first brick-and-mortar location in Petworth, DC. They’ve since been recognized by Washington Post as having the best pizza in DC and by Bon Apetit as being the best pizza in the nation as well one of 50 best new restaurant in the nation.
In this episode with Andrew Dana, we discuss:
- The difference between success and failure
- Food versus vibe, and the overall experience for guests
- Andrew and Chris’s beginning from Farmer’s Markets to one of the top 50 restaurants in the country
- The benefit of starting small
- Branding being an extension of who you are
- There are no off days, you have to bring the heat every day-bring the energy!
- How bringing in a professional changed the trajectory of their business
- The power of nice
- Building a company culture